I am Julez (for a few people also Julie Engelmann) and I was born and raised in Germany, Cologne. At home, photography surrounded me within my family from early on like almost nothing else. My grandfather, mother, brothers and uncles gave me the chance to dive into this world with fascination, the desire to see, feel and touch all sorts of photographs, discover techniques, old cameras and the beauty of the right light setting or capture.
The fascination turned 2013 into a new real dedication, hours of precise watching, listening and practice with the fantastic US known photographer Kelly Puleio in San Francisco. After a few years of following her lead, eye and discipline I dared to make the big step into my own business to capture people, moments, colors, emotions and especially the magical influence of sunlight.
Since my return to Europe in 2016, Geneva in Switzerland became a different playground for my new, strongly environmentally influenced creativity, other perspectives on brands, lifestyle and nature adventure. Especially a place to meet a lot more fascinating people in front and behind my lens.
The chapter "Highlining" has become a strong, personal, and quite demanding passion in my life and is kind of an extreme sport, which has changed and influenced my complete energy and relationship to myself. My camera and personal photographic passion lays therefore in following my closest and trusted friends during their intimite highlining sessions and in moments of beautiful human interaction surrounded by our so often overwhelming mountains and nature.
With my photography I am thriving to make it about the transfer of something real.
Right now, I decided to give up a constant home in just one place, I built over 3 months on a van, to convert it into a rolling photographers home. I am living on the road, experiencing the most beautiful interactions within completely new places, creating highlining projects and going on climbing adventures. All the time my camera on hand, capturing some of these unique moments and following my biggest passion - the photography of people living with me passionately our activities in nature. Wanna take a look at what I saw so far? Check "On Tour"!
- Macy's Fashion Incubator SF (FiSF)
- Sofar Sounds (International Concert Organization)
- CABASSO for men (Luxury Clothing Brand Switzerland)
- Artful Gentlemen (Fashion Brand California)
- Goorin Brothers (U.S. Hat Company)
- Muserefined (Jewelry Brand)
- Human Rights Campaign
- 3Motion Creative (Video Production California)
- TopShelf Style (Fashion Brand California)
- Madusalon San Francisco (SF Hair Company)
- Intercidade Fashion (U.S. Fashion Designer and Blogger )
- Posh RX (U.S. Fashion Blogger and Jewelry Designer )
- Catherine Dang ( Fashion Brand )
- BBDO (U.S.)
- Camille Lecomte (Fashion Brand Switzerland)
- The Chalet Session (Music Video Production Switzerland)
- OBF Sound System (International Sound System)
- La Makhno / L'Usine (Bar / Event / Concert Location Geneva)
- La Terroir Apero Bar (Theatre de la Madeleine Geneva)
- Le Brasserie des Halles de l'ile (Bar Geneva)
- Baby Boa (Night Club Geneva)
- Le Bar Verre a Monique (Bar Geneva)
- Le Comptoir et Lola Bar (Restaurant and Bar Geneva)
- Lötschberg (Restaurant Berne)
- STAG (Bar Geneva)
- Slack Inov (Slackline Brand/Boutique, France)
- SLACK ATTACK Berne (Slackline Association Switzerland)
- ISA International Slackline Association
- SWISS SLACKLINE Association (Slackline Association Switzerland)
- Moleson, (Ski Station Switzerland)
- Ca Marche Association (Slackline and Show Association France)
- Voodoo Bar ( Bar Geneva Switzerland)
- Weisshorn Gin (Geneva Switzerland)