"I absolutely enjoy most to capture natural beauty and personality caught in a moment of intimacy."
phone +33 767 815055
phone +33 767 815055
I am Julie Julez (for a few people simply known as Julie Engelmann) and I was born and raised in Germany, Cologne actually, where photography surrounded me from early on like almost nothing else within my family. My grandfather, mother, brothers and uncles gave me the chance to dive into this world with fascination, the desire to see, feel and touch all sorts of photographs, discover techniques, old cameras and the beauty of the right light setting or capture.
The fascination turned into a new real dedication, hours of precised watching, listening and practice with the fantastic US known photographer Kelly Puleio in San Francisco. After a few years of following her lead, eye and discipline I dared to make the big step into my own business to capture people, moments, colors, emotions and especially the magical influence of sunlight.
Since my return to Europe in 2015, Geneva in Switzerland became a different playground for my new, strongly environmentally influenced creativity, other perspectives on brands, lifestyle and nature adventure and especially a place to meet a lot more fascinating people in front and behind my lens.
The chapter "Highlining" has become a strong, personal, and quite demanding passion and extreme sport, which has changed and influenced my complete energy and relationship with myself. My camera and personal photographic passion lays therefore in following my closest and trusted friends during their intimite highlining sessions and in moments of beautiful human interaction surrounded by our so often overwhelming mountains and nature.
With my photography I am thriving to make it about the transfer of something real.
Right now, I decided to give up a constant home in just one place, I built over 3 months on a van, to convert it into a rolling photographers home. Right now I am on the road, living and experiencing the most beautiful interactions within completely new places, creating highlining projects and going on climbing adventures. All the time my camera on hand, capturing some of these unique moments and following my biggest passion - the photography of people living with me passionately our activities in nature.
- Macy's Fashion Incubator SF (FiSF)
- Sofar Sounds (International Concert Organization)
- CABASSO for men (Luxury Clothing Brand Switzerland)
- Artful Gentlemen (Fashion Brand California)
- Goorin Brothers (U.S. Hat Company)
- Muserefined (Jewelry Brand)
- Human Rights Campaign
- 3Motion Creative (Video Production California)
- TopShelf Style (Fashion Brand California)
- Madusalon San Francisco (SF Hair Company)
- Intercidade Fashion (U.S. Fashion Designer and Blogger )
- Posh RX (U.S. Fashion Blogger and Jewelry Designer )
- Catherine Dang ( Fashion Brand )
- BBDO (U.S.)
- Camille Lecomte (Fashion Brand Switzerland)
- The Chalet Session (Music Video Production Switzerland)
- OBF Sound System (International Sound System)
- La Makhno / L'Usine (Bar / Event / Concert Location Geneva)
- La Terroir Apero Bar (Theatre de la Madeleine Geneva)
- Le Brasserie des Halles de l'ile (Bar Geneva)
- Baby Boa (Night Club Geneva)
- Le Bar Verre a Monique (Bar Geneva)
- Le Comptoir et Lola Bar (Restaurant and Bar Geneva)
- Lötschberg (Restaurant Berne)
- STAG (Bar Geneva)
- Slack Inov
- SLACK ATTACK Berne
- ISA International Slackline Association
- SWISS SLACKLINE